Ultraviolet light (UV) is the radiation above visible light. It is the cause of sunburnt skin and the fading fabrics and paint suffer in Sunlight. Human being do need some sunlight with UV for general health, but for the most part we need to reduce our exposure to UV.
Infrared light in the radiation below visible light. It is a source of heat. It is the energy that causes cars and houses to heat up during hot summer days. Occasionally infrared light might work to our advantage, heating food or treating injuries, but we mostly need to remove this source of summer heat.
Window tinting removes UV and infrared. This means that houses and cars with window tinting have their interiors protected from almost all the effects of UV and infrared light. The window tinting prevents the house or car from heating up in hot weather. And prevents carpets, curtains or furniture from fading in the Sun light.
Advantages of window tinting.
- Prevents sunburn on people
- Prevents fading of furnishings, carpets, paint and all other objects indoors in UV light
- Greatly reduces glare
- Darker shade tints look rather stylish. Other are clear and unnoticeable.
- Greatly reduces heating in hot weather.
- Reduces energy cost from air conditioners, which do not have to work as hard when tinted windows keep the house cooler.
- Allows light inside while protecting from the weather. So there is less need to use indoor electrical lighting.
Consider window tinting for the home and car.
Cars cannot have their entire front windscreen tinted, but there are minimal restriction on side windows.
Homes may have all window tinted.